I’m glad there have been more Shadow of Mordor updates and the latest gameplay trailer shows a really interesting weapons upgrade system. This video focuses on acquiring and using runes to upgrade Talion’s 3 weapons, the sword Urfael, off-hand dagger Acharn, and the Wraith-based bow Azkhar, and give them unique qualities. The type of runes you acquire as loot from killing an enemy captain is based on the manner in which you kill the captain, and it’s not an easy task as the video shows the steps you must complete. However the effects from these upgrades, especially epic runes, are really impressive and the combat system looks amazing, even though it appears to be very similar to the Arkham series. And the menu screens shown briefly appear to have numerous runes listed giving you a large variety of customization options based on your preferred method of killing enemy captains. And taking into consideration the Nemesis System and how your choices change your enemies, the weapon systems maintains the theme of your experience being shaped by your choices and your actual game play results.
The voice actors have also been revealed and the names are equally impressive and WB is truly striving to make this an epic experience.
- Troy Baker – Talion (The Last of Us, Batman: Arkham Origins, Arkham City BioShock Infinite)
- Alastair Duncan – Wraith (Mass Effect series, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception)
- Nolan North - Black Hand (Uncharted series, Batman: Arkham Origins)
- Laura Bailey- Ioreth (Halo 4, Batman: Arkham Origins, The Last of Us)
- Liam O’Brien - Gollum (Infamous: Second Son, Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us)