Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign R40 Update is now live and with some significant upgrades. If you’re not familiar with the game it’s Bejeweled meets Marvel Superheroes. You have to match 3, 4, or 5 gems in a row but instead of them just disappearing, one of the three characters attacks your enemy and that corresponds with the particular gems you matched. I’ll have a review of this game soon enough but it’s an enjoyable Marvel take on what is a very popular puzzle game format so far. Below are the following upgrades:
- Leveling Up Characters is Now Easier – reduced the number of covers needed to max-out an ability from 20 to 5. Minor upgrade steps removed and heroes that were in between levels will be bumped up to next tier.
- Improved Character Levels – Level now accurately reflects character power
- Daily Rewards – Each day you play you’ll receive the next in a series of rewards including opportunity to take a roll to “Recruit Heroes.” Progress won’t be reset if you miss a day of playing
- Cover Pack Tokens – New type of reward allowing Agents to gain a token that can be exchanged for free Cover Pack. However the cost of cover packs will be increasing as a result of more being given out
- More missions – Episodic missions complete with bonuses
- Better Mission Rewards – Less “20 Iso-8” rewards and it’ll be easier to earn all the rewards from a mission
- Increased language support and is now playable in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish