It’s been coming for some time but the first full DLC from Elder Scrolls Online is now available. It’s called Imperial City and is free for anyone who already has an ESO Plus membership or 2500 Crowns in the ESO Tamriel Unlimited Store (roughly $19.99). And Bethesda is pulling out all the stops for this one with new story content for both PvP and PvE, 2 new dungeons, 1 PvP dungeon, monsters, item sets and just about anything else you can fathom. You’ll have to at least be at level 10 in order to participate in the new PvP/PvE stories and that’s the only requirement. Here’s a list of the main additions:
- The Imperial City – PvP with members of the 3 alliances battling for control over the Imperial City as well as new quests. 2 new Veteran Ranks have been added.
- The Imperial Sewers – PvP 4-player group dungeon beneath the Imperial City where you can collect the new Tel Var Stones to purchase alliance gear and other items. Possible to run into players from other alliances.
- White-Gold Tower – PvE group dungeon has you joining 3 other adventurers to reach the top of the White-Gold Tower to recover a stolen Elder Scroll while uncovering the Empress Regent Clivia Tharn’s secrets.
- The Imperial City Prison – PvE 4-player group dungeon outside the walls of the Imperial City with a heavy Daedric presence
- Xivkyn Racial Motif Style
- 15% decrease in the amount of XP it takes to gain a Veteran Rank
- 100% more XP for all public dungeons
- 50% more XP for all Veteran Rank quests
- 20% more XP in Craglorn
- Veteran Rank increased to 16
- Racial Passive improvements
- Mundus Stone buff improvements
- Glass racial motif style
- Improvements to existing item sets
- The ability to hide mount visual upgrades
- New crafting skill line passives
- New Undaunted pledges
Yes, I’m purchasing this DLC, and even though it’s been a while since I posted my review for ESO I’ll be reviewing this DLC as well as the numerous changes to the game since then. The Imperial City DLC is the perfect reason to return to Tamriel. Check out the trailer below